Being beautiful with flawless skin, smooth hair and long eyelashes seems like the dream of every woman in the world. In fact, you can see how women pay attention to their beauty by looking at the market for cosmetics and beauty products. There are thousands of brands and products which all promise to deliver best results.
However, in my opinion, one of the most effective and healthiest methods that women could apply for their morning and night routines is using essential oils. There are a lot of essential oils which are good for your skin with different benefits such as castor oil for eyelashes or tea tree oil for acne skin.
In case you are new to this area, here are some of the most effective essential oils for skin and hair:
- Frankincense Essential Oil: This oil is one of the oldest and most common used oil in the history. It has so many effects and one of the most positive effects it has is helping our skin fighting inflammation and acnes. It also supports the anti-aging process and suitable for all skin types.
- Lavender Essential Oil: this oil brings a calming effect to your skin and help to quicken the process of regenerating your skin cells and boost the appearance and complexion of your skin. This oil also good for combating oiliness and drying as well as improving the elasticity of your skin.
- Coconut Oil: This oil is the common carrier oil which can be used to mix with other essential oils before you apply the mixture onto your skin. It helps other essential oils to penetrate and work deeper inside the skin.
In addition, this essential oil works well on your hair and eyelashes. You can apply a thin coat of coconut essential oil onto your hair and eyelashes to boost the growth of these and bring moisture to them as well.
Other essential oils which are good for your hair and eyelashes include rosemary oil, castor oil and lavender oil.
Overall, essential oils are good natural remedies which still deliver impressive effect while being generally safe for your skin and your health. After all, there are no harsh chemical or toxic compounds such as parebens and synthetic fragrance, which you could find in many pre-made products in store.
However, there are some certain things that you need to remember to use essential oils safety on your skin and hair:
- In most of the cases, to prevent your skin from getting irritated, you should always use diluted oil, preferably with carrier oil such as coconut oil and almond oil. These oils will help the other oil to penetrate better and be less harsh on your skin.
- In addition, you should always test the effect of a specific essential oil on your arm before applying it to your face. You can combine the essential oils with carrier oil like coconut oil and rub on your arms. You should wait for at least 4 hours to see if there is any reaction of your skin to the oil. Stop using the oil when you feel irritated or redness starts to develop.
- If you have sensitive skin or just to be sure, you should always consult your doctor before you use any new essential oil.
- There are some essential oils which can create side effects such as photosensitivity such as tea tree oil or mandarin oil. Therefore, after you use these oils, try to stay at home during the board day light for a while to prevent your skin from being irritated.
- Some essential oils such as jasmine oil, lemon oil and cedar wood oil are not safe to be used when you are pregnant or breastfeeding. In case you are unsure, you should skip using essential oil or ask for more information from your doctor.
- Always buy essential oils from trusted stores.
- Finally, store your essential oils in dark bottles, preferably in bottles made from glass. Put them in a dark dry cardboard and let them stay away from the direct sunlight to maintain these essential oils with the highest quality.
Here are some general information about essential oils for your skin and hair. I hope that you would be able to pick 1 or 2 essential oils and add them into your morning and night routine. No matter which essential oils you are going to use, remember that you should always consult your doctor about the side effects of these oils as well as follow the safety tips I mention above.